Welcome to ERA Training
The site has been revised, bringing together the existing ERA training course site,
the ABR Peer Review site and Cortical ERA under the same roof.
ERA: Electric (or Evoked) Response Audiometry is a technique in which information about the hearing system is gained from the measurement of electrophysiological signals from the hearing pathways.
This site is the portal for:
- The annual 5-day ERA training course designed for healthcare scientists and medical staff.
- The 3-day Newborn ABR Course, for those specifically involved in post-screening diagnostic tests of newborns.
- The Newborn ABR Refresher Day, which provides an update for trained staff; it was previously provided by NHSP and is now offered in collaboration with Interacoustics though the content is not manufacturer-specific.
See the Training Courses page for further details including course dates, fees and how to apply.
Following NHSP’s withdrawal of support for post-screening diagnostic testing, in addition to our
training courses we have picked up the baton to ensure continuity of support in the following respects:
- The continuation of ABR Peer Review and related services.
For details visit the Peer Review page.
- The provision of guidance, tools and other resources - visit the Resources page.